TEQoS2 is used during the start-up phase of a new GSM-R network, as well as in the ordinary operation and optimisation process, wherever measurements need to be performed to guarantee the quality of the GSM-R subsystem.
The TEQoS2 Test Environment Quality of Service components:
- GSM-R mobile termination (MT2)
- GSM-R Test cabinet
- ComTalk software
- TRACE2 software
- GPS receiver (not included)
- Notebook (not included)
The GSM-R Mobile termination MT2 is the centerpiece of TEQoS2 and provides the interface between all railway applications for the GSM-R network is used and the fixed network infrastructure.
Main features of TEQoS2:
- Trace of GSM Layer-2 and Layer-3 including ASCI and AT command messages
- Measurement and graphical representation of quality and field strength
- Coverage tests
- Measurements of neighboring cells
- Power level and quality
- GPS positioning and data reference